Tuesday, September 30, 2008

MMMMMakeup

So I went to Nars at Lord and Taylor to try out the new fall colors. I got the closest color match ever for foundation - Jamaica. Meh loves it! I tried this brightening moisturizer, which is pearly (crushed pearls) and has a pinkish tint... I think this is it. This is when I wondered why on earth I didn't stock up on crushed pearl creams in China. I saw everyone else buying it, but I was mesmerized by the jewelry. Ahhhh - this must be why there was a crowd at the cosmetics counter.

I also got a blush - Sin (don't like the name) and a RED lipstick. Yup. RED. And I like the way it looks. I haven't worn red lipstick since I was six playing with mommy's 80's makeup. I almost never like the way it looks on me. As a matter of fact, I'm not really that into lipstick; I'm more of a gloss gal. But, in the interest of looking older than 13, I gotta drop this gloss habit. And, my hair won't stick to my lips. Fall in NYC means gusty winds so that at virtually every street corner I have to wick hair away from my sticky lips and by the time I get where I'm going my hair is a greasy, stringy mess.

So this new lipstick, Viridiana brings my collection to a grand total of 2. I've bought more than 2, but I usually throw them away, barely used, cuz they smell stinky. And that's another thing - I love Nars, but all their lip products smell wierd after a few months. Which for me would be only the second time I used it. I've used Gypsy (love it) and Flair (dunno why I even bought that).


So here's the thing - after I bought these 4 products, the lady who did my makeup gave me a FULL SIZE multiple in Palm Beach and a travel-size Body Glow. WHOO HOO! I feel like going back just to see if I get more.

The Multiple is awesome. I use --- to highlight in the summer and as blush in the winter. You can use it anywhere on your face, shoulders, etc.

Or, if you're 8, you can smear it all over your face :D

No comments: